Thick Heat shrink tubing 56 to 17 mm X 20 cm
Thick heat shrink sleeves, 20 cm long. Use diameter 56 to 17 mm (shrink ratio 3:1). Interior covered in a thermoplastic resin. Ideal for aerial self repair.
Thick heat shrink sleeve containing a completely thermoplastic covered interior surface.
On heating, the diameter of the sleeve reduces by 3:1, and the interior resin melts. On cooling, the sleeve and the resin harden. This combination guarantees resistance to pullout and a perfect waterproofing for your connections, the whole preventing a sleeve from slipping. In the case of a connector mounted on a cable (coaxial for example), this sleeving ensures a reinforcement at the place where the cable is generally subject to stress when the radius of the curve is low (see photo above) or the cable is suspended.
• Length: 20 cm
• Actual internal diameter: 56 mm
• Shrink diameter : 56 to 17 mm
• Shrink ratio: 3:1
• Wall thickness: 2.9 mm
• Temperature range: -55°C to +110°C
• Resistant to UV and corrosion: Yes
• Adhesive thermoplastic covering: Yes (over the whole interior surface)
• Dielectric resistance IEC 243: >20KV/mm
Notes and Suggestions from DX AVENUE
• To shrink this sleeve, use a classic hot air gun (heat stripper) which can be found at a reasonable price in store.
• This high diameter sleeve is ideal for aerial self repair. We use it to cover the 40m and 30m coils on DXBeam antennas that we produce (see photo above).
• To remove a sleeve, use a Stanley knife to cut it along its length (delicately if it covering a cable). The resin can be removed with thinners (white spirit, acetone...). However, if from the outset your connection is intended to be able to be removed, use instead a self amalgamating ribbon or waterproof mastic of the type we also sell. The heatshrink sleeve is primarily intended for a permanent installation.
Insulating mastic, rubbery, self-sealing, black in colour. Resistant to water and ozone. Supple, large and thick, it can be stretched to suit the application. Wide range of working temperature: up to +130°C (+90°C continuous). 1m X 51mm.