Long Heat shrink tubing 12-3 mm
2 thick heat shrink sleeves, 10 cm long. Use diameter 12 to 3 mm (shrink ratio 4:1). Interior covered in a thermoplastic resin.
If you are looking at a classic heat shrink tube such as can be found more or less everywhere you will without doubt be in for a surprise as the model chosen by DX Avenue has nothing in common, other than it is heat shrink.
Thick heat shrink sleeve containing a completely thermoplastic covered interior surface.
On heating, the diameter of the sleeve reduces by 4:1, and the interior resin melts. On cooling, the sleeve and the resin harden. This combination guarantees resistance to pullout and a perfect waterproofing for your connections, the whole preventing a sleeve from slipping. In the case of a connector mounted on a cable (coaxial for example), this sleeving ensures a reinforcement at the place where the cable is generally subject to stress when the radius of the curve is low (see photo above) or the cable is suspended.
• Length: 10 cm
• Actual internal diameter: 13 mm
• Shrink diameter : 12 to 3 mm
• Shrink ratio: 4:1 (max)
• Wall thickness: from 1 to 2 mm (depending on shrinkage level)
• Temperature range: -40°C to + 120°C
• Resistant to UV and corrosion: Yes
• Adhesive thermoplastic covering: Yes (over the whole interior surface)
• Dielectric resistance IEC 243: >20KV/mm
• Packaging: 2 sleeves in a sealed packet
Notes and Suggestions from DX AVENUE
• To shrink this sleeve, use a classic hot air gun (heat stripper) which can be found at a reasonable price in store.
• If you overheat the sleeve slightly (heavy shrinking), it will happen that the sleeve will slip a little. That is simply due to the fact that the interior resin has melted. You have sufficient time to slide it into its proper place before the sleeving hardens.
• To remove a sleeve, use a Stanley knife to cut it along its length (delicately if it covering a cable). The resin can be removed with thinners (white spirit, acetone...). However, if from the outset your connection is intended to be able to be removed, use instead a self amalgamating ribbon or waterproof mastic of the type we also sell. The heatshrink sleeve is primarily intended for a permanent installation.
Insulating mastic, rubbery, self-sealing, black in colour. Resistant to water and ozone. Supple, large and thick, it can be stretched to suit the application. Wide range of working temperature: up to +130°C (+90°C continuous). 1m X 51mm.