Heat shrink tubing 18 to 6 mm X 40 cm
Heat shrink sleeves, 40 cm long. Use diameter 18 to 6 mm (shrink ratio 3:1). Interior covered in a thermoplastic resin.
If you are looking at a classic heat shrink tube such as can be found more or less everywhere you will without doubt be in for a surprise as the model chosen by DX Avenue has nothing in common, other than it is heat shrink.
Heat shrink sleeve containing a completely thermoplastic covered interior surface.
On heating, the diameter of the sleeve reduces by 3:1, and the interior resin melts. On cooling, the sleeve and the resin harden. This combination guarantees resistance to pullout and a perfect waterproofing for your connections, the whole preventing a sleeve from slipping. In the case of a connector mounted on a cable (coaxial for example), this sleeving ensures a reinforcement at the place where the cable is generally subject to stress when the radius of the curve is low (see photo above).
• Length: 40 cm
• Shrink diameter: 18 to 6 mm
• Shrink ratio: 3:1 (max)
• Wall thickness: about 0,7 mm
• Temperature range: -55°C to + 110°C
• Resistant to UV and corrosion: Yes
• Adhesive thermoplastic covering: Yes (over the whole interior surface)
• Dielectric resistance: 15KV/mm
• Packaging: 1 length of 40 cm in a sealed packet
Notes and Suggestions from DX AVENUE
• In contrast to our thick sleeves (which require a heat gun), a normal lighter is sufficient to shrink this sleeve, which facilitates its outdoor use.
• This sleeve cuts easily with a simple pair of scissors.
• To remove a sleeve, use a Stanley knife to cut it along its length (delicately if it covering a cable). The resin can be removed with thinners (white spirit, acetone...). However, if from the outset your connection is intended to be able to be removed, use instead a self amalgamating ribbon or waterproof mastic of the type we also sell. The heatshrink sleeve is primarily intended for a permanent installation.
Ratings and comments from our customers
Insulating mastic, rubbery, self-sealing, black in colour. Resistant to water and ozone. Supple, large and thick, it can be stretched to suit the application. Wide range of working temperature: up to +130°C (+90°C continuous). 1m X 51mm.