- On sale!
Large Waterproof electrical mastic (L:1m)
Insulating mastic, rubbery, self-sealing, black in colour. Resistant to water and ozone. Supple, large and thick, it can be stretched to suit the application. Wide range of working temperature: up to +130°C (+90°C continuous). 1m X 51mm.
Insulating mastic, rubbery, self-sealing, black in colour. Resistant to water and ozone. Supple, large and thick, it can be stretched to suit the application. Wide range of working temperature: up to +130°C (+90°C continuous). Overwidth dividing strip allowing easy separation of the tape. 1m X 51mm.
Examples of radioelectrical applications
• Permanent waterproofing of cable entries such cable sheathing or walls
• Permanent protection of buried joints (coaial or other)
• Protection of tinned joints placed outside (junction of radials for example)
• Permanent waterproofing of junction boxes, for baluns etc.
• Waterproofing of a coaxial cable connected directly to an antenna by terminals or soldered joints
• Apart from radioelectrical use, this mastic can equally be used to effectively plug leaks on water pipes or engine hoses.
Usage and advice from DX Avenue
• The insulating mastic is applied like adhesive tape with the difference that it adheres immediately to itself (self-sealing) and to the part being covered
• It can be worked with the fingers, a bit like plasticine
• It can be stretched according to its application (also widthwise)
• Once in place it doesn’t harden and maintains its initial flexibility
• When the item to be covered is ready, and especially if it is to be buried we advise that it is covered with a flexible tape.
• Length: 1 m
• Width: 51 mm
• Thickness: 1.65 mm
• Colour: black
• Packaging: individual (box)
• Dielectric rigidity: 22.5 kV/mm
• Volume resistance: 10 to the power of 13 Ohms/cm
• Working temperature: +90°C continuous (130°C Emergency Overload)
• Manufacturer: COTRAN
This type of product is also found in the building trades (particularly plumbing) or in DIY shops, but its specifications are not absolutely guaranted for use in high voltage or RF situations. Moreover, it is very difficult to find the technical specifications and it is often the case that the name of the manufacturer is not given.
Having used it for more than 30 years in the field of professional and radio amateur radio electrics, DX Avenue has quite naturally chosen this exact product.