6 el. 6m Yagi
6 meter 6 element beam Yagi (50 MHz) DXBeam (DXM6-6)
6 meter 6 element beam Yagi (50 MHz).
Elements made with 14 and 12mm tube.
Single insulated boom guying.
• Forward gain in free space (dBi): 12
• F/B ratio (dB): 30
• Frequency coverage (MHz): 50.000 - 50.300
• Bandwidth @ 1.5 VSWR (kHz): 300
• Feed impedance (ohms): 50
• Power handling (kW): 2.5
• Longest element (m)/(ft): 2.98/9.78
• Boom length (m)/(ft): 6.5/21.33
• Turning radius (m)/(ft): 3.75/12.3
• Weight (kg)/(lb): 8/17.6
• Wind survival (km/h)/(mph): 130/80.8
• Standard Mast size (mm)/(inch): 50/2 (55/2.25 or 60/2.50 optional at no extra cost).
Insulated guying of the boom
This antenna is supplied with two guys in polyester (longevity > 25 years), quick fastening system and guy clamp that will be fixed to the mast (diameter choice).
As an option, a self guying kit allows you to place this DXBeam antenna at the top of mast (regardless of the height required for guying). It also allows the guying of the boom to the ground (easier), and install the antenna without adjust the guys when antenna is up.
2 kinds of grease are supplied with your antenna:
• Aluminum contact grease: Professional grease containing 30% aluminum particles, recommended for the assembly of aluminum antenna tubes. Prevents binding, corrosion and the formation of aluminum oxide, and allows easy dismantling of antennas after several years.
• Copper conductive grease: Professional conductive grease with a copper base, recommended for all hardware requiring a sound and lasting electrical contact. Prevents oxydisation, damp ingress, and limits chemical reaction between stainless steel and aluminum.
Balun or no Balun ?
• This antenna does not require any balun.
• To avoid having stray current on the braid of a coaxial cable (often the cause of RF and/or TVI/BCI), you can make your own 1:1 choke balun with coaxial cable. Explanations are provided with antenna assembly instructions. (See also our F.A.Q).