2 el. 6m Moxon
6 meter 2 element beam Moxon (50 MHz) DXBeam (DXM6-2mx)
6 meter 2 element beam Moxon (50 MHz).
Elements made with 14 and 12mm tube.
Forward gain almost identical to that of a two-element Yagi but with better F/B ratio.
If you have antenna restrictions, why not try a Moxon? Its performance will amaze you.
• Forward gain in free space (dBi): 6
• F/B ratio (dB): 32
• Frequency coverage (MHz): 50.000 - 50.350
• Bandwidth @ 1.5 VSWR (kHz): 350
• Feed impedance (ohms): 50
• Power handling (kW): 2.5
• Longest element (m)/(ft): 2.17/7.1
• Boom length (m)/(ft): 0.85/2.8
• Turning radius (m)/(ft): 1.17/3.8
• Weight (kg)/(lb): 1.9/4.2
• Wind survival (km/h)/(mph): 130/80.8
• Standard Mast size (mm)/(inch): 50/2 (55/2.25 or 60/2.50 optional at no extra cost)
2 kinds of grease are supplied with your antenna:
• Aluminum contact grease: Professional grease containing 30% aluminum particles, recommended for the assembly of aluminum antenna tubes. Prevents binding, corrosion and the formation of aluminum oxide, and allows easy dismantling of antennas after several years.
• Copper conductive grease: Professional conductive grease with a copper base, recommended for all hardware requiring a sound and lasting electrical contact. Prevents oxydisation, damp ingress, and limits chemical reaction between stainless steel and aluminum.
Balun or no Balun ?
• This antenna does not require any balun.
• To avoid having stray current on the braid of a coaxial cable (often the cause of RF and/or TVI/BCI), you can make your own 1:1 choke balun with coaxial cable. Explanations are provided with antenna assembly instructions. (See also our F.A.Q).