5 el. 15m Yagi
15 meter 5 element beam Yagi (21 MHz) DXBeam (Ref. DXM15-5)
15 meter 5 element beam Yagi (21 MHz).
• Forward gain in free space (dBi): 10.3
• F/B ratio (dB): 38
• Frequency coverage (MHz): 21.000 - 21.450
• Bandwidth @ 1.5 VSWR (kHz): 385
• Feed impedance (ohms): 50
• Power handling (kW): 5
• Longest element (m)/(ft): 7.35/24.1
• Boom length (m)/(ft): 9/29.5
• Turning radius (m)/(ft): 6/19.7
• Weight (kg)/(lb): 20/44.0
• Wind survival (km/h)/(mph): 130/80.8
• Standard Mast size (mm)/(inch): 50/2 (55/2.25 or 60/2.50 optional at no extra cost).
Insulated guying of the boom
This antenna is supplied with two guys in polyester (longevity > 25 years), stainless steel tensioner/cable clamps and guy clamp that will be fixed to the mast (diameter choice).
2 kinds of grease are supplied with your antenna:
• Aluminum contact grease: Professional grease containing 30% aluminum particles, recommended for the assembly of aluminum antenna tubes. Prevents binding, corrosion and the formation of aluminum oxide, and allows easy dismantling of antennas after several years.
• Copper conductive grease: Professional conductive grease with a copper base, recommended for all hardware requiring a sound and lasting electrical contact. Prevents oxydisation, damp ingress, and limits chemical reaction between stainless steel and aluminum.
Balun or no Balun ?
• This antenna does not require any balun.
• To avoid having stray current on the braid of a coaxial cable (often the cause of RF and/or TVI/BCI), you can make your own 1:1 choke balun with coaxial cable. Explanations are provided with antenna assembly instructions. (See also our F.A.Q).