8 el. 30/17/12m Yagi
30/17/12 meter 8 element beam Yagi (10-18-24 MHz) DXBeam (Ref. DXT301712-8)
30/17/12 meter 8 element beam Yagi (10-18-24 MHz).
30m shortened element with high-Q loading coils.
No traps or relays, one single coaxial cable.
Boom made from 55 and 50mm tube.
Elements made from 35 to 12mm tube.
• Forward gain in free space 30/17/12m (dBi): 5.7/7.7/8.3
• F/B ratio 30/17/12m (dB): 14/25/19
• Active element 30/17/12m: 2/3/3
• Frequency coverage 30m (MHz): 10.100 - 10.150
• Frequency coverage 17m (MHz): 18.068 - 18.168
• Frequency coverage 12m (MHz): 24.890 - 24.990
• Bandwidth @ 1.5 VSWR 30/17/12m (kHz): 125/140/200
• Feed impedance (ohms): 50
• Power handling (kW): 5
• Longest element (m)/(ft): 10.95/35.9
• Boom length: 5.50/18
• Turning radius (m)/(ft): 6/19.7
• Weight (kg)/(lb): 31/68.2
• Wind survival (km/h)/(mph): 130/80.8
• Standard Mast size (mm)/(inch): 50/2 (55/2.25 or 60/2.50 optional at no extra cost).
Insulated guying of the boom
This antenna is supplied with two guys in polyester (longevity > 25 years), stainless steel tensioner/cable clamps and guy clamp that will be fixed to the mast (diameter choice).
2 kinds of grease are supplied with your antenna:
• Aluminum contact grease: Professional grease containing 30% aluminum particles, recommended for the assembly of aluminum antenna tubes. Prevents binding, corrosion and the formation of aluminum oxide, and allows easy dismantling of antennas after several years.
• Copper conductive grease: Professional conductive grease with a copper base, recommended for all hardware requiring a sound and lasting electrical contact. Prevents oxydisation, damp ingress, and limits chemical reaction between stainless steel and aluminum.
Balun or no Balun ?
• This antenna does not require any balun.
• To avoid having stray current on the braid of a coaxial cable (often the cause of RF and/or TVI/BCI), you can make your own 1:1 choke balun with coaxial cable. Explanations are provided with antenna assembly instructions. (See also our F.A.Q).