This type of balun/unun serves for handling complex impedances. It is generally used with long wire, W3HH, or Beverage antennas.
These models are provided with an additional earth connection to connect a possible RF counterpoise.
• Conversion ratio: 9/1 (450Ω/50Ω)
• Frequency range: 1.8 to 30 MHz
• Impedance: 50 Ohms
• Permissable power: 5000 W PEP*
• Connection: PTFE insulation and stainless screws.
- SO239: standard
- N: made to order (please contact us before ordering)
• Outputs: Crossing ceramic insulators and stainless M5 hardware
• Dimensions: (L x W x H) 115 x 90 x 55 mm
• New model since APRIL 2014: Moulded waterproof grey box case with O-ring, high shock resistance, Ant-UV treatment, lid secured by four stainless screws and crimped brass inserts. See above pictures
• Support for wire antenna or boom (yagi, quad ...) sold separately.
• Your balun is tested with an antenna analyzer before shipment.
• *Balun power is mentioned as PEP Watts (1 kW PEP = about 500 W HF). If you have a linear amplifier between 500 W to 2.5 kW, choose a 5 kW balun.
>> All our 9/1 baluns
>> Our mounting kits
>> Our complete range of baluns