Generally used for antennas matched to the working frequency, the 1/1 balun serves primarily to balance, that is to say to modifiy the RF characteristics so that the algebraic sum of the voltages at the ends of the dipole are zero against ground.
This cancels resonance in the coaxial feeder (between the rig and the balun), the voltages at the ends of the dipole being perfectly balanced. A balun on a toroid is therefore perfectly suitable because it presents a closed circuit on itself with the minimum effect on its surroundings, and has little or no loss from Joule effect by comparison with an air balun or a choke balun wound from coaxial cable.
• Conversion ratio: 1/1 (50Ω/50Ω)
• Frequency range: 1.8 to 54 MHz
• Impedance : 50 Ohms
• Permissable power: 1000 W PEP*
• Connection: PTFE insulation and stainless screws.
- SO239: standard
- N: made to order (please contact us before ordering)
• Outputs: Crossing ceramic insulators and stainless M4 hardware
• Dimensions: (L x W x H) 115 x 90 x 55 mm
• New model since APRIL 2014: Moulded waterproof grey box case with O-ring, high shock resistance, Ant-UV treatment, lid secured by four stainless screws and crimped brass inserts. See above pictures
• Support for wire antenna or boom (yagi, quad ...) sold separately.
• Your balun is tested with an antenna analyzer before shipment.
• *Balun power is mentioned as PEP Watts (1 kW PEP = about 500 W HF). If you have a linear amplifier between 500 W to 2.5 kW, choose a 5 kW balun.
>> All our 1/1 baluns
>> Our mounting kits
>> Our complete range of baluns