Generally used for antennas matched to the working frequency, the 1/1 balun serves primarily to balance, that is to say to modifiy the RF characteristics so that the algebraic sum of the voltages at the ends of the dipole are zero against ground.
This cancels resonance in the coaxial feeder (between the rig and the balun), the voltages at the ends of the dipole being perfectly balanced. A balun on a toroid is therefore perfectly suitable because it presents a closed circuit on itself with the minimum effect on its surroundings, and has little or no loss from Joule effect by comparison with an air balun or a choke balun wound from coaxial cable.
• Conversion ratio: 1/1 (50Ω/50Ω)
• Frequency range: 1.8 to 54 MHz
• Impedance : 50 Ohms
• Permissable power: 1000 W PEP
• Connection: N or SO239 (PTFE insulation and A4 stainless screws)
• Outputs: Crossing ceramic insulators and A4 stainless hardware
• Dimensions: (L x W x H) 90 x 60 x 51 mm
• Moulded grey box between 4 and 5 mm thickness dependant on model, high shock resistance, Ant-UV treatment, lid secured by four screws.
• Your balun is constructed to order within 8 to 10 days and tested with antenna analyzer before shipping.
• FREE SHIPPING ! Should you wish to order other goods from DX Avenue at the same time they will be shipped immediately without waiting for the delay in construction and delivery of the balun. In every case your balun will be shipped separately by tracker post free of delivery charges!
• If you order your wire or boom antenna mounting kit at the same time as your balun you can choose the mounting option. We will instal it free of charge (drilling and screws in stainless steel).
>> All our 1/1 baluns
>> Our mounting kits
>> Our complete range of baluns